Now I fear that they're going to cash out and leave it entirely since Osrs gold is performing much better with nowhere near the quantity of MTX (which is deserved tbh. I enjoy spending time in here and see what's happening with the other half of the RuneScape family, and it seems like that the Devs are all actual fans of this game and genuinely wish to see it grow and improve in the long term.

The RS3 Devs only always seem so dead inside, and the neighborhood is in a state of overall dissatisfaction. I really do still lay most of the blame on the high ups).

It is only a sucky position to observe the game like this tbh. What really hurts most of all is the prosperity of potential it's that Jagex won't capitalize on because the higher ups are afraid of putting money in to the (admittedly lots of) work it might take.

I remember after the past Runefest, many felt that Buy Rs gold did better than OSRS since it had bigger things on the slate. I'm sure others would disagree with me, but ever since Runefest I anticipated 2020 for a slow season for OSRS and that has kind of been the case; we have a couple of decent-sized upgrades but nothing that important (unless you count the league, that is fair).

I think what helps OSRS so much is the frequent polls and smaller and QoL upgrades. So even if not much is happening, it feels like stuff is still happening because there are polls and discussions.